Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update

Well, the week has passed and here is how it has unfolded. Tommy had his seminar with the karate people and we were responsible for taking them out to eat afterwards. There were 5 of them. Now this was one of the money issues that I knew was upcoming and was worried about. Tommy's dad was gracious enough to pay for everybody. There were 10 of us altogether. So let me just say. Thank you so much because with even just them 5 and Tommy and I it would have been quite expensive. I was able to do the bills and cover the amount that I had to borrow from the previous bill money and set aside this weeks bill money. We had our son's driver's ed money that was due. Tommy had asked his dad about borrowing money for that and repaying him with his karate money when he got that. So thank you God that, that was an option and that our son is able to do behind the wheel right now. The other thing is the ring that I bought Tommy for our anniversary. Now yesterday was our anniversary so I wanted to have it to give to him. When I had made the purchase I had put down $50.00 of it thinking I would have the rest by the time I needed it. I didn't. So I thought about financing the rest of it which was only 96.00 so I could go ahead and pick it up and have it. They wouldn't finance such a little of an amount. So I did have the bill money set aside from this past week which I really did not want to use because that means that once again I have to replace that with next pay checks bill money which continues to put us behind. I didn't have a choice though and luckly I did have it available to make this decision. So I paid for it in full taking 100.00 out of bill money. This was one of my money concerns from last week and this is one that I haven't seen anything happen but I'm still believing that it is going to be o.k. Another one was the Bridgewater yardsales. I did not have the money for that either because by the time I figured out the bills there was only 30.00 left over. So I made the decision to ask my mom that for my birthday present if she could just give me money for the yardsales. Again it's pretty discouraging that I dont even have enough money for a yardsale. And wow what a present for me when what I am buying is for my daughters and whomever else I find for. But I just want to say Thank you that this was an option and I could do this. So I went to the yardsales which by the way it had been pouring down rain before I left and rained off and on while I was there. When I got there, it was iffy on whether or not they were even having it but they were. It definitely was not like they usually do. So I did not find and come home with lots of clothes for Skyler like I usually do. Now my mom had given me 50.00 for my birthday and I spent 40.00 which I usually spend 100.00. I got a few things for my daughters a set of sheets, a basket and I did get myself 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants which I usually never find anything for me. So thank you God for that gift of being able to find at least something for me and enabling me to be able to go to the yardsales and get what I got. I am appreciative of what has taken place and the way it has transpired. Even though I would have liked to have a present for me and God knows this I am very appreciative of the fact that I got to go and for what I got and God enabled me to find something for me. The financing did not work out so I just got to believe that God's hand is in it and that it is going to be o.k. and work out in God's timing. Now I prayed about each step yesterday. I was able to get off of work at noon. My plan for yesterday was to dress up nice for Tommy and make him a special dinner and set the table with a tablecloth and candles and have the house clean. So I did not have anything nice to wear because I dont dress up. I had 9.00 left over from going yardsaling so I went to the Goodwill to see if I could find anything that would be nice. Now this could be a hit or miss situation. I prayed before I went in hoping that I could find something. I did. Praise God. I was able to get a nice black velvety dress that fit very well. The dress was 3.68. So Thank you God for that. Next I had to go to Walmart to buy the groceries that I needed for the dinner and I knew how much I had left in checking so I couldn't spend a lot. I was also on a time frame here because I needed to still go get the ring and get home, get a bath and shave and get all cleaned up and clean the house quickly, paint my nails, do my hair and makeup, decorate the table and make dinner, get my daughter from her babysitter and do this before he gets home at 6:30. So I prayed before I went into Walmart to do my shopping. It went rather smoothly. I was able to get everything that I needed even an ingredient I did not think I would be able to find. I was in the right isle and people were working in that isle and when I asked they led me right to it. Thank you God for all the little things. So I was able to get everything except one item that I did forget, I was able to find a pair of earrings and hose and spent around 55.00. Which was not to bad. I than went to get the ring and on the way home I did remember that I had forgotten to get a card so while I waited to see if they could finance the ring I went to food lion and bought the card. As I said earlier they couldnt finance it so I had to pay for that with bill money. I did pray about all this before I went in so I am believing that it is in God's hands and that it will work out. So I went home made the dessert, started straightening up and cleaning and when my one daughter got home from school she helped me out tremendously by cleaning. I went upstairs took my bath. Did my makeup and my hair, Went to the grocery store again to get that one item that I forgot. Now when I left to go to the grocery store I went out to my car and got in and right in front of me was a big rainbow. Now it had not been raining where we were except for a drizzle here and there. I dont believe it was even enough to make the grass wet. So I am not going to analyze why the rainbow was there because of the weather conditions. I am believing it was there for me. Rainbows dont usually last very long and I have been over the past few day praying and asking God to please let me see him and hear him and know that he is hearing me and just for an encouragement to keep me going and to let me know that yes God is still there. Well I believe that this was from God because how likely would it be for me to go outside and see this when it was probably was unusual that it should be there in the first place. Now lightening seems to always be my symbol. So this was different and questionable. But like I said I am not going to analyze it. I am just taking a step of faith and believing it was a sign for me. I dont think it was a coincidence. So I went to the store, picked up my daughter from the babysitter and right now it was .5:00. I still had to paint my nails and make dinner and get dressed. I also still had to right in the card I bought. So while my nails dried I wrote in the card and was able to finish the rest. Now I did not get dinner finished by the time he got home but it wasnt long after. I was dressed and in the middle of finishing cooking when he got home. My other daughter had to go to cheerleading practice and I was suppose to take her to that at 6:30, but luckly my mom did that for me. I had the table all set, candles lit, the card and present on his plate. I believe his was surprised to see me like that. My prayer was that it would bless him and show him how much I love him. During dinner he did not have a whole lot to say and was really quiet. It was kind of akward. He had put the ring on and did keep looking at it. I really did not know what to think. He did thank me for everything that I did and said that he really liked the ring. Afterwards I had to leave to go get my daughter from cheerleading. I walked out got in the car and what did I immediately see? Lightening. There was no storm, they were not calling for a storm that I knew of, it was not thundering. It was long enough for me to see it and start to drive down the road in that direction and than I did not see it anymore once I turned away from that direction which even though I was not going in that direction I still would have seen something. So I had just started praying when I got in the car and than saw this, so I immediately had to say thank you God. Again I have to believe that is was from God. It's stepping out in faith trusting and believing that, that was God. Again I do not believe it was a coincidence. This time it was the symbol that I believe that God normally uses with me. So I know that God is with me and that God was with the evening. I know that God will work out the finances. I believe the God allowed all of this to fall into place. I had been thinking for a long time about getting him that ring. Probably 4 or 5 or more months ago. I just never did anything about it and never really felt an urge to at that time. It was just on my mind off and on. So when Tommy went to Vision Quest that opened up the perfect opportunity for me to go look and take his old ring with me so I could size it and not have him know about it. Before I went to go look I had prayed about it and asked that God would help me know if this is right and about the cost of it. I did not think that it was going to be as much as it was so that was a determining factor and to help me know which ring was right. When I went in to look I was shocked by the price but found a couple that I liked and was debating between. That's when I decided to purchase it and put down money towards it, thinking that I would be able to get it paid for. So this whole process has been given to God I prayed about it from the very beginning and I continue to pray about it. God has worked it out timing wise I believe on when to give it to Tommy and worked out my whole day yesterday and allowed everything to fall into place. Plus he gave me not one but 2 signs yesterday so I give all my praise and thanksgiving to God right now and say thank you God and I trust and believe and know that it will all work out. I will not doubt and I will not question. You are a faithful God and I am so grateful and appreciative for everything that you have done in my life and in my marriage. I am so thankful for all of our provisions. And I truly just want to say thank you. Another item that was a money concern was about how to handle my birthday and anniversary when it came to saying what money we have or dont have for him to spend. I never said a word except for what I did with the bills and where we were. There was no telling him what he can do or not do. He did not even ask. I kind of assumed that he had already had his karate money and was going to use that but he didnt. So Sunday is when he did not go to church because he said that he needed to do things for my birthday. When I came home from church he had gone to the grocery store bought chicken and peas and corn and a birthday cake and a card and candles. He had heated up the chicken, had the vegtables cooked and everything set on the table. He had my card and a picture of our wedding photo on the table. What he wrote in the card was words that I truly will treasure. They were words that were from the heart and words that I could have only hoped to hear. He had mentioned that he had not bought my present yet and so I guess that day covered both my birthday and our anniversary. I had been back and forth about not having a present from him and trying not to think that this was similar to before but it's not because the words that were in that card and the thought that he put forth of what he did means much more to me than any present. So thank you God. I love you God and I just want to say thank you for everything.

No comments: