Monday, October 20, 2008
More Good
I forgot to write about this. But Friday I went to go look at an entertainment center at someone's house that was selling it with Tommy's mom. It was a nice trip. It was a little akward but overall it was nice. She graciously took us out to eat on the way back from looking at the furniture. Thank you for your generosity. We did buy the furniture and arranged to pick it up later. This was our christmas present from them. So yesterday evening we went to go get it. Tommy and our son both drove their trucks and we brought it home. We were able to get the items in our house and we ended up having to rearrange our living room. Now in the past when it involves this and decision making of where things go and hooking up the t.v and dvd and vcr and dish it gets very stressful and there is a lot of tension and usually lots of arguing. Last night was amazing. It took a while to get the whole tv thing worked out and I ended up having to call the dish people and come to find out it was only one cord that was wrong. Normally when I get on the phone with them it never goes well and I end up having an attitude with them and get quite irritated with them ending up losing my cool. This time it was so easy and went so smoothly with them. Quickly found out it was one simple cord and got off the phone laughing with them. Praise God. We finally got around to moving the furniture and needing to decorate and move our knick knacks. Tommy was taking those things and putting them where he thought would look good. Again I would take those things he moved and move them again or critize it or not let him have an opionion and my way was always what was done and I had to have the last positioning of the item. Not this time. Where Tommy was putting things was good and agreeable and it was amazingly easy for me to just let it go and let him do whether I agreed totally or not. Praise God. The places he put the items I like and he did a good job. I was able to let go and let him make decisions and have an opinion and did not critizize it. We worked together really good as a team. Praise God. Last night after I had gone to bed, he had come up after a little while and took the time to share with me how he appreciated me and how we compliment each other with me being able to handle and deal with the t.v. items and him doing to moving and other things. He was very sweet and said that he was very lucky to have me and how he appreciated me. The things he said to me meant so much to me and they were very sweet and spoke volumes to me. Thank you God for changing me and working in us and allowing us to come together as a team. Thank you so so so much God. It definitely is a God doing. I give you all the Glory and Honor and Praise. Another thing yesterday we went to Tommy's sister's little girls birthday party and we had gotton on the topic of Christmas and we had come to a decision about the kids drawing names for each other instead of us buying for all the kids like we usually do. Which gets expensive because there is a lot of kids in the family now. And feeling obligated to buy for them. So this is a huge and and we agreed to do the white elephant exchange again instead of drawing names for the adults as well. Thank you God for those cut backs there. Thank you so much for your mercy and grace. I can not say it enough. Thank you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment