Monday, September 15, 2008
Favor
Over these past 2 weeks we have had 2 different speakers at our church. The first week, we had a speaker come and held meetings friday, sat and Sunday. Sundays sermon was a blessing over our congregation. It was about favor that God is going to be pouring out over us. There was so much spoken that I cant even began to do it justice. The church has made a cd of it and is passing it out to everybody. I plan on getting it and just sitting down with it and listening to it again and writing about what jumps out at me. This weekend the other speaker came and spoke at our mens retreat and than came and spoke Sunday morning and Sunday evening. He spoke at the evening service about it being a new year. That the year 2008 is known as a year for new beginnings. This was told to me about 3 to 4 months ago, maybe even longer than that. And it seems that I have heard that one other time. That is what I have been praying for and when I started praying that, I had not even heard that yet. I have been praying for a long time for a new beginning in my marriage my family and my relationship with Tommy's mom and his sister. I have been praying that my marriage would be completely different and unlike it ever has been before. That it would be completely different. I have prayed that it would be completely new and something that I could not even began to imagine. That was also spoken this Sunday. This speaker spoke about the prodigal coming home and the speaker from last week spoke the same thing. I truly believe this is about Courtney. The first speaker spoke about passivity and not being that. To push forward and not be passive. To go after and seek what God has for us. I dont want to miss any of it. I want to receive and I dont want their to be anything at all that stands in the way. At Vision Quest the speaker spoke over the men that there would be people there that would write checks for significant amounts of money. I pray that we would be one of those people. There was a lot that happened at Vision Quest I believe and I truly think that Tommy and Justin did not mind it. Now according to them they did not have fun, but when I talked to them it never sounded like they were bored or aggravated or having a bad time. They always seemed to be in good spirits. The two of them have a soaking prayer time and Tommy kept talking about how good Justins was and how he felt that his was not good. I listened to the tapes and I heard nothing bad at all, which if they are words from God they are not going to be bad because that is not who God is. God puts forth life into us he does not tear us down and discourage us. Tommy was compared to Sampson but I believe it has to do with turning to God and that the things in the past do not matter that there is always a time to start over and his words had a lot to do with a new pattern and God flat out telling him to come and seek and ask and that he will be there. He just needs to trust and believe. I thought it was very encouraging and promising. Justin was compared to Peter and also Joshua & Caleb. He was told to study Joshua and receive it as if it was for him. The things that were spoken were really neat because comparing him to Peter who worked on the water and that was him job and talking about jumping from the boat. Justin's whole being is about the water and the ocean and he wants to be in the Coast Guard. Another thing is that his middle name is Caleb. Now the people praying for them do not know this. So it is just so neat to see God come through and speak things that show you that it is real and personnel. Now Tommy does not feel like he left there with anything but I know that he did. Justin got prayed for by the speaker for about 10 to 15 minutes which I would consider quite a blessing in itself. He had gone up to receive baptism of the Holy Spirit and when they were done he had said that he did not feel anything at all. He may not have and he was completely honest about that but I know that something was happening and I cant wait to see whats going to come from it. Now since Tommy has been home, he's been kind of snappy and irritable and went off on Courtney yesterday about her situation and today him and Justin went out looking for a vehicle for them to share. He is extremely discouraged about our finances and him working so hard and not being able to afford a vehicle that he can depend on. So right now he sounds very down. I truly believe that these past few days are an attace against his spirit. He was not like this before he left to go to Vision Quest and he was not like this while he was there. So I truly believe that the enemy is attacking and trying to discourage him and fill him up with lies to rob whatever was spoken to him this weekend and through our differnent speakers. So I stand right now and I declare in the name of Jesus Christ that those lies would be completely destroyed and that the power of God would overcome and fill Tommy up and completely consume him. I really feel that we need to dig in and pray for our finances and believe in a blessing from God. It has been spoken and we need to believe. Now I know a lot of people would be extremely skeptical and I was a long time ago, but so much has happend in my spiritual life and I have seen God in amazing ways that I can not and will not give the enemy the time of day to doubt and not trust God. So God I pray right now that you would please come and bless this marriage, this family, our finances, our jobs and our callings. I pray for your provisions in every area of our life. I believe, I trust and I know that change is coming and that it is going to be amazing and unbelievable and is going to be unlike we ever could have possibly imagined. I am believing in favor from God. God has already blessed us beyond belief and I am so thankful for everything that he has done. So I feel bad for thinking and feeling like I want more God. But I shouldn't because God wants us to seek him. He wants us to come to him and ask. He wants us to believe and trust him. So God I'm coming, I'm asking and I'm believing. I have also prayed for a while that God would bless Tommy beyond belief. He has worked so hard our whole entire marriage, he's had some really bad jobs and he has always worked awful hours and has always been on swing shift. He never got to go to college because of him having to start working to take care of us. So he gave up his dreams to take care of his family and he's not able to go to school because of the hours that he works. So he is really caught between a rock and a hard place. He's worked lots of hours for little amounts of money. He's worked long hours to make a little more. He's always had a factory job which he despises and dreads going to work everyday. Now dont get me wrong because I am very grateful that he has a job and that we have done as well as we have. We have been blessed in many areas and have been given so much. God has truly provided. When I look back I cant possibly imagine how we ever made it but we did only by the Grace of God. We have had our parents help us out tremendously especially his parents and we have not been able to pay back what we owe. Tommy has sacrificed so much and has given up so much. I just want to see him be blessed. I want to see his dreams come true. His desires, his longings. I want to see him be successful and happy and see him doing something that he absolutely loves. I pray for a job where he has normal working hours, where he is not in a factory and that he absolutely loves. The problem we have right now is he gets paid decently for what he does and that he has been there for so long that if he left, he could not possibly find anything else that pays what he makes. Especially not having a college degree. So it's like God what do we do? How can he possibly hope to get out with that facing him. There is only one way and that is you God. Nothing is impossible to God. So I ask God for your favor on my husband. I pray a blessing over him. I pray that he would be completely blown away by you and that he will know that it was you. I really believe that this is a test. For him to come and ask you. It's like he's fighting and bucking what was spoken over him and he is struggling. God please keep him afloat. Please God let him see that you are the way. All that he has to do is ask just like he was told. So I pray that this would sink into him. I pray that, that revalation would hit him and he would seek you with all of his heart. Please God help him through this time. Protect him and do not let the enemy have his way. I pray the blood of Jesus over Tommy. Rise him up to be the warrior you want him to be. I pray that you will bless his socks off. I pray that we will be able to repay everyone that we owe. His parents took out of their savings a lot of money to help cover our stupidity with credit card debt and we have not been able to pay them back. I know that this is an issue that is underlying. When his mom and I were at major odds with each other over the whole situation with Courtney this topic came up about the outstanding money. It kind of came out of knowwhere from what I remember so I know that it is something that has truly bothered her. Our relationship has been very strained and damaged unbelievabley. We both have been hurt by one another and if she was not such a Godly woman, this relationship probably would be over and done with. But she is a very gracious, forgiving individual and has not done that even though in reality she deserves to. This is one of the relationships that I have been praying that would be completely new within this year of new beginnings. I feel though that the money is something that stands in the way. I really want to be able to pay her that money back. I believe once that happens something will break and change will began. I feel that the money is a realy wall or barrier. The only thing is though the money we owe her like I said is significant and there is no way to possibly get that kind of money within a short time frame. We only have a few more months before the year is over. So God, I know that is where trust comes into play. You are the only possible solution and way. Is that to bold of me? Is that wrong of me? Am I being selfish? God I dont want to be that way. Please help me stay focused and seek after you and your will. I pray for your favor God. Just like was spoken over us. I believe and I am asking for me and my husband and my family for your favor. I pray that Tommy will want to come and ask you as well. I pray that it's not just me doing this. Ipray that Tommy and I will be on the same page and that we will seek you as a couple. But for right now I feel like it's just me so kind with whatever authority I have I come and stand for this marriage and family and us as individuals and pray for your blessing and favor. I do believe is the power of prayer and I thank you for your love, your compassion, your forgiveness, your mercy, your graciousness, your protection, your provisions, your tenderheartedness, your friendship, your strength, your will, your power, your ways, your plan. Thank you God for you. Thank you for the blood of Jesus. Thank you for your promises. Thank you God!!!!! Thank you for the experience of knowing your presence that I have felt over these past 2 weekends. Thank you for speaking to me. Thank you for speaking to all of us. Thank you for the lives that are being changed, the lives that are being touched. Thank you for all the healings of wounds, hurts, sicknesses and death. Thank you for where you are taking this church. Thank you for the people your are going to bring to us. Thank you for the plans you have in store for us. Thank you that you are preparing us to go out and glorify your name by the many many giftings that you have blessed us with. Thank you for the body. Thank you God!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment