Monday, July 21, 2008

An update from Friday the 18th

My post from friday was a call out to God. It was a really hard day and I needed a touch from God. I did my normal routine by praying on the way home. I was thanking God for the opportunity to be able to write what I did and just continuing to pray about giving me peace and being able to reqinquish all control to God. Praying that I just needed to see him. We were suppose to go to the parade that night but the last I talked to Tommy, I left it as I did not know if I wanted to go. Especially with how the day had gone. When I talked to him before I left work I shared about maybe not going because of money and wasn't sure if he wanted to go. He decided that we would just go to the parade and come home which was fine. Because I originlly also thought about wanting to go out on a date with him since we had not done that for a while and him not asking me. So during the day he had called me to see if I wanted to go to lunch with him so that's when I spoke up about the parade and mentioned about going out with him instead and for him to decide what to do. I did not want him to go out with me if he did not want to. So that's when he mentioned about going to the parade and that was all and than us going out to lunch together which was fine. So when I got home Justin's friend was still there and Tommy mentioned about him staying the night again. We did go to the parade but since we had Justin's friend there as well we ended up going to the lawn party as well because we needed to feed everybody. Now on Friday's it is really busy and hardly no room to move. Tommy first of all when I got home was in good spirits and threw me down on the bed and it just was really nice. He wanted to do what he good to make Justin's friend feel at home and welcome so he was willing to take from savings to make up for any expense for the night. Now at the lawn party Tommy was wonderful. He was so patient, and easy going. It was just an absolutely wonderful night. I really had a good time with him and he was wonderful with the kids. Usually he does not do very well in crowds but he was wonderful. Sat I had definite things that I wanted to get done. We woke up and we were able to be together in the morning and mentioned about going downstairs to finish watching a movie he started last night. I wanted to take Skyler to go get her hair cut and so he decided to go with us to do that which was really nice. Afterwards we went to the grocery store and he wanted to take her himself to look for a brush for her. Couldn't find one so he took Skyler himself to Family Dollar to buy her one. That was so very nice to be able to see him do that just for her and to want to do that. We went home, he finished watching his movie while I cooked breakfast and than we went outside to work on our clothesline that we were installing. Now normally when I start a project I have got to finish it. I do not like things to go uncompleted. He got the holes dug, one pole in and cement in that one hole buy than he wanted to stop because I had to go in and cook for a picnic that night at his parents house and he had to get ready. So we did not finish the project and the plan was to do it on Sunday. So only by the grace of God I was completely o.k. with it not being finished and let it roll right off my shoulders. In the past this would not have been the case. So thank you God. Thank evening was a picnic for a couple from England. Originally Tommy told me he did not want to go but I found out on Friday that we were going and he had told his mom and dad that we would be there. So thank you for that. This is the people he went on a missions trip to go help. And this is where a lot of hurtful things were produced from me to Tommy. So I am so thankful for the fact that Tommy was willing to go and I hope and pray that it stirred up a desire in him to want to go back and help. It's interesting because he swore that he would never go back and that was it because of the things that I said that brought forth so much hurt. Recently there has been a lot about England and this group because of taking them on and praying for them in our home group specifically about marriages. And the one particulay marriage is the lady that Tommy had prayed for when he was there himself. So there are ties that are coming together or being brought forth that is hopefully leading Tommy to wanting to go back and maybe even Tommy and I. This goes back to a prayer that I have been believeing in about our marriage being used and us being used as a couple to pray for others. I was even believing this when Tommy was not at home. So it is neat to see it coming up right now and being so present with our home group and a home group that we had a long time ago. So thank you God that we were able to be there Sat night and be a part of that. Sunday Tommy had a tournament that we went to in PA. He decided not to compete to help save money which was very nice of him. We were able to just be there together and he wore his wedding ring both Sat and Sun which was absolutely wonderful for me and that morning as we were getting ready he asked me if I wanted to get a shower with him. He has not asked this in a very very long time. Not since he has been back home. Before I would always tell him no and when he asked I didnt answer and was already doing my hair becuase I did not want to get it wet because it would take me longer to get ready but I immediately felt that I needed to say yes and so I did. Which I am so thankful for. Thank you God for his invitation. That same day he came up and just hugged me for no reason, he held my hand, and we had a wonderful day. After the tournament we went out to eat and than went to the mall. Sydney and Skyler was with us and again he was so patient with them. I cant even begin to tell you what a wonderful day I had. When we came back home we were suppose to go to my mom and dad's house for a cookout. Tommy was very good about being there and he even went out and played a game with Sydney and watched Skyler ride her tricycle. He was not hurrying to leave which he has done in the past. It was so nice. The whole day was amazing. On this day Tommy was doing a lot of picking on Justin and giving him a hard time which if you did not know better you would think he was being mean or the things he was saying was hurtful. Which in a way I think it was bothering Justin. So Sunday night we were upstairs and I kind of mentioned to him about maybe not picking on him so much that I thought it might possibly be bothering him. I was able to say it just in passing so it was not nagging or controling I believe it was the way God enabled me to do it with words that were not accusatory but were positive. That evening Tommy, Justin, and I were downstairs watching a movie. Tommy laid down on the floor and at one point asked Justin if he wanted a hug. He told Justin he had only one left and that he was going to give it to me. You could see that Justin wanted to hug him and paused and than he went down with Tommy and hugged him. It absolutely touched my heart because Justin humble himself and allowed him to be open to his dad and was not worried about being to much of a man that he did not want a hug. You could truly see in Justin's face he wanted a hug. Thank you more than I could possibly say for that God. I pray with all my heart that it touched both Tommy and Justin and that there will be lots and lots more hugs to come between them. It was very special to see and I pray that it blessed both of them whether they realize it or not. Justin has mentioned to me about wanting to go to Florida to see the revival. For him to want to go is amazing because he does not like meetings like that so I have prayed about it and have hoped that I could possibly take him. I just dont know how I could do it. So I have put the word out there to see if anybody else was going that maybe we could go with them. I have not heard anything back about it. So Sat night at that picnic I on the spur of the moment asked Holly if she had gone and mentioned that Justin wanted to go and that I was looking into it. Thats about all that was said. Sunday night I got a call from her inquiring about it and what I was thinking of doing and she would like to go and that it had stirred something inside of her when I mentioned it and from the sounds of it had already talked to Tim about it and prayed about it. So once I told her what I was thinking of she was going to talk to Tim more about it and pray more specifically about it. So thank you God for that and I hope we are able to go because I would really like Justin to be able to go. When Justin first mentioned about wanting to go Tommy made it clear that he did not want to go. So it would be wonderful if he decided to go but the only time he could go would be when we get back from out vacation because he has one more week of vacation that he has taken and it's another week once we are back. He wouldnt be able to take anymore. So I just give that to God and pray that God's will, will be done. That if Tommy is meant to go, God will arrange it and if any of us is meant to go, God will make it happen. So I just give all that to you God. I just really want to say thank you so much God for an absolutely positively wonderful weekend. Thank you for everything that happened, for every prayer that was answered and for blessing me tremendously. It is truly only because of you God. You are the reason for all of this. Just refer back to my previous blog. Thank you is not enough to express my gratitude. Thank you for everything that you have done in this marriage and family and I continue to pray for more of you. It's been neat to see what has happened and the way things tie together and I am so excited to see what is to come. I know that you have wonderful things planned for Tommy and I as individuals, as a couple, as a family. For our jobs, our desires, our gifts you have blessed us with and especially our walk with you. I can not wait to see what you have in store for us. I believe, I believe, I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hey Tonya! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I didn't know you were a blogger, too. I will definitely add you to my list. Sounds like God is doing some great stuff in your life....awesome! He is a good God, for sure!