Monday, December 8, 2008

Update

It' been a while since I have written. For my own record I did write down on paper my thoughts on the prayer time at the house and some other things so I need to go back from my last post and pick up from there with my written posts at home and than come back to here. There has been a lot of little things that have happened and I'm not sure if I can remember them all, I just want to try to highlight a few. The money issues have holding steady. For about the past 6 weeks we have not had to borrow from the bill money and have had gas money left over to help with where it might be needed because of the lower gas prices and we have not had to write checks in advance making our bank account in the negative. Tommy had been working for his parents which helped out us and them and was able to keep us in the positive and from having to borrow. When Tommy had that one day missing from work we were even able to stay in the positive than and it is only because of the Grace of God. I have through the weeks still been at peace about Christmas. There has not been any extra money. Last week Tommy surprisingly sold a bunch of weights that we had in our basement and surprised me by saying we were going Christmas shopping that evening. What a blessing that was. I was not at all sure what to buy and was really apprehensive because I didn't want to just buy to buy. We got a few things at Walmart that were on lists and than we went to the Christian book store to buy a cd for our oldest daughter. Tommy had seen a band on t.v. that was an Irish christian punk bank and our daughter loves anything Irish so he wanted to buy that for her. The clerk had never heard of this band, we couldnt find it, the clerk looked and said there should be 1 cd in the store of theres and we did find it. So thank you God for that I believe that God saved it for us which was neat because that was what Tommy wanted to get her and in the past he has never been a part of Christmas shopping until last year when we got back together, we did go with each other and did it corporately. So for him to choose something specific for her was very special. The only other thing that I really wanted to look at was phones for our son and other daughter. Now I was going in there making it clear to them that I did not even really know if I wanted this because we had been burned really badly by our older daughter and she racked up a $400.00 phone bill and other months it had been quite high becuase of phone calls that had been made by Tommy when he was not at home. So I really hate cell phones!!!. Well we went in there and basically the package that had available was buy one of a couple phones and we were able to get 3 others for free. Now we only went in there looking for 2 and we left with 4 and all of them were free. Tommy for whatever reason had a $50.00 credit on his phone, the phone he picked out was a $100.00 phone and we got a $50.00 rebate on top of that. Earlier in the day Tommy's phone had completely fallen apart but he was doing the best he could with it and making it work and mine was really old and not holding a charge and had become very undependable. So I just want to say thank you God for that favor. We never expected for us to be able to get phones for us so that was a very nice surprise and I truly believe that it was a gift from God and that God was blessing Tommy for his sacrifice of selling his equipment earlier that day to provide for Christmas. It truly truly truly was a gift from God. THANK YOU!!! Tommy was able to work the day after Thanksgiving which was triple time when they normally had not been working this and not having any extra days to work and he was suppose to work the weekend which was overtime. He worked Sat but not Sun. because he was sick so he ended up losing the overtime day but we still had the extra from the day after Thanksgiving which allowed for some Christmas money. If it was not for that day worked we still would not have any extra money to spend on Christmas so thank you God for that gift as well. I know that God is providing and I have felt that he would. I know that obviously I was not suppose to get that 2nd job to earn money for Christmas and that I was to completely trust in my God to provide and he is. Normally I do go overboard for Christmas and so this year it has obviously has been very tight and I'm trying to figure out what is the things that would mean the most to people and I thank you God that for my parents which I orignally had said that we shouldn't buy anything for each other because of money and they bought us a dryer anyway I had a ceramic santa clause I had started painting last year and never finished and had another little one that I could paint and I have a cross-stitch that I had been working on for several years and never finished so hopefully I can this year and those will be there gifts. Thank you God for allowing me to have those things. I continue to pray for guidance in my purchases and I continue to pray that God will continue to provide. I still have to buy for our older daughter and a few more things for our youngest daughter and our three nieces and I really wanted to buy Tommy some things and we only have $100.00 to 200.00 left to do this in so God I am continuing to trust in you and belief that it is all going to work out. Thank you for all of your provisions. The other night we had home group and were praying over somebody elses house. Now this is the first time that Tommy has gone and done this. Last time we prayed at somebodys house it was ours and the time before that he didnt go. So earlier that day I had prayed that God would really work in Tommy and break off any feelings of he cant do this, he dosen't belong, etc., etc. I prayed that Tommy would really feel the presence of God and that he would feel comfortable and feel like he is to be there and be used by God. Well we split up and prayed for an hour. I never saw him except for the very beginning and when we came back together as a group we prayed for the family as a whole and Tommy had very specific words that he spoke over them. When we left he told me that he had tried to find me because he wanted me to write down things that were going through his head and he couldn't find me so he got some note cards and went outside and began writing what was coming to him. He said that he went and sat on the fence and was singing, which he does not do, and that words were just coming to him like crazy and that they were very specific and very clear. When it was over he had gone upstairs and put them on the bed for them to have. What a wonderful idea. I would have loved to have that for us when our house was prayed for or a tape of what was said so I thought that was a really neat thing to do. This was a most definitely God moment for Tommy and he had said that it felt like it had when he was in England. Thank you so much for that God because that is what I have been praying for is that Tommy would get that feeling back and know that he is an amazing vessel of God's. Thank you for making it so obvious to him and him making that connection and bringing back memories of how he had been used in the past by you God and I pray that it is stirring something up in him that will just make him hungry and thirsty for you God. Thank you for bringing that back alive Lord. When we left he had even called our leader to tell him about passing out paper to people next time so we could do that. Thank you for answering prayers God. Thank you so much!!!!!. Yesterday our oldest daughter came over to help decorate the Christmas tree. We had waited to decorate it because she really wanted to be there. It again was an amazing evening and was truly a gift from God and an answer to prayers. She came to my work and I took her home and started dinner. While dinner was cooking we got out all the ornaments and all the kids got to hang up their ornaments and Tommy got in on it as well which he does not do and I got to take lots of pictures. Tommy before would get mad at me when I tried to take pictures and would really fight me on this but he was so gracious and allowed me to do this and he smiled and looked really happy and we got our pictures taken together with one another which we dont ever do and after we decorated we all sat down together and watch christmas shows. It was an absolutely amazing evening. It was so peaceful, pleasant, it was truly a prayer answered. No arguing, no fighting. I cant say enough how wonderful it was and how good it felt. Thank you God for again that gift of family time it was very very special and I will never forget it. Tommy had even straightened up the house for me and had it all nice looking, lamps on, tree on, bedroom cleaned. It was very sweet of him and that to is an answer to prayer that he would do things like that around the house to help keep it nice looking and not just sit around and watch t.v. All of these things just mean so much to me and to see these answers to prayers is just truly (I dont even have the words to do it justice to explain how it makes me feel) All I can say is Thank you, Thank you, Thank you a billion times Thank you. Yesterday evening Tommy also had gotton a call from someone who goes to our church and had left a message asking Tommy if he was interested in some part time work. Now this man does remodeling which Tommy knows nothing about. Tommy called him and this man said that when he had been praying that Tommy's name came to him about this and to ask him so Tommy told him what his work schedule is like and that he has no experience and the man said that we should pray about it together and to let him know. So we did that last night. And Tommy's prayer was really good and the one thing that really sticks out in my mind was Tommy asking that he would be used in an important way. That like when we go to peoples houses to pray it wouldn't be yeah Tommy is here to but YEAH Tommy is here and we want him to pray. God thank you that he is seeking you and wanting and asking you to really work in him and he is inviting you to come and do what you have planned for him. And so God I claim that and I pray that for my husband as well. Come and bring forth the plans you have for him and I know that there is some major things that you have got for him and I cant wait to see what you are going to do. So Lord I pray that you do give Tommy clarity about what to do with this job offer and Lord I have prayed that you would provide a job for Tommy that he absolutely loves and does not have to work shift work anymore and have a regular job like with regular hours and that he would be able to see his dream come true by being able to teach and have a school that is very successful. God I dont know what is in store. I dont know if this could possibly be that job. He has no experience so who knows I just pray that your will, will be done. Thank you God for what is right around the corner. Thank you that I am truly believing that I will not be the Spiritual leader much longer at all that Tommy will stand up and take his place as that. I believe it, I believe it, I believe it. When I went to bed last night I could not sleep and had so much coming to my mind that I wanted Tommy to know so I got up and wrote him a long letter telling him and thanking him about last night and what has been going on so hopefully it's still at home and I can keep it to go along with this. Thank you God and Glory and Honor and Praise to you. Amen

No comments: