Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This morning I woke up seeing things in the flesh and of course becoming discouraged. I had the thought of fasting pop into my head as I was getting ready. Now that thought does not happen on a regular basis but when it has, I have tried to follow through and fast for the day wanting to be faithful in the possibility that God is speaking to me. This morning I was wondering if this was something I needed to do or am I just thanking that as a method of weight control. I absolutely do not want to fast for the wrong reason. So I asked God to show/let me know if I am to do this today. Later on the thought kind of hit me about cleansing. I want to be completely clensed for God to do in me what he wants to do and not have their be anything that blocks me from allowing God to move. I still did not really feel one way or the other about what to do. I went downstairs and had some extra time before I needed to get Skyler ready. So I spent some time on the couch praying, asking, hoping that God would meet me and allow me to see and know his presence. Listening at first to hear him speak to me or show me something. I prayed and did not really have any confirmation or extraordinary happenings.
I had my lunch packed for today but did not take it with me. It never really was a do I or dont I take it so I just walked out without it. On the way to work I normally pray everyday. As I was praying today I just started praying about being clensed and as soon as I said it, it reminded me of a song that was sung on Sunday by our worship leader who had just written that song on Sat night. The main theme or chorus of the song had to do with clense in me, make me clean. You are more I am less. I lay all my things on the table and Ican't remember the rest but basically trust completely in God. Now when I had the thought this morning of wanting to be cleansed I did not even thank about that song and it just being song on Sunday. As I was praying I had this thought come to me about being soaked in a bath. Being soaked by the holy spirit and allowing the spirit to completely soak into my most inner core and as I was seeing this I saw it as being a chemical that goes in and breaks up all the junk. Just like Draino. You pour it into the drain and it breaks up all the blockages, clogs, and the crap and junk that is keeping the water from flowing. Thats what I envisioned happening through my fasting today. My prayer is that God would work in me and Tommy today. I stand in place of my husband since we are one and I am fasting intercessory for him if that is possible. Through God anything is possible so that is what I am doing. I am trusting that my day of fasting is inviting God to come and pour his chemical into the both of us and that all the blockages and clogs and crap is going to be broken up and flushed out. We are being clensed!! So I believe that was my confirmation to fast today. I know that I am not doing it for the wrong reasons I am doing it to claim my belief in God and knowing that major things are going to happen through this. COME GOD CLENSE ME, CLENSE TOMMY AND CLENSE THIS MARRIAGE AND FAMILY. BREAK UP ALL THAT DOES NOT BELONG AND FLUSH IT OUT. THANK YOU GOD!! I TRUST! I BELIEVE! AND I WAIT AND KNOW THAT SOMETHING AMAZING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. I WILL BE BACK TO WRITE WHAT THAT SOMETHING IS. AMEN

No comments: